Join Our Mission-Driven Team
Since 1982, Cross Roads House has provided emergency shelter and supportive services that make a profound impact in the lives of men, women, and children experiencing homelessness in the Greater Seacoast area.
Located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Cross Roads House provides safe emergency and transitional shelter for families and individuals experiencing homelessness. As one of the largest homeless shelters in the state, we serve hundreds of people annually. We provide our residents with safe shelter, nutritious meals, basic needs, 24/7 on-site direct care staff, individualized case management, and the supportive services needed to find permanent housing.
These life-changing services would not be possible without our team of devoted, hard-working employees. We are always interested in hearing from qualified candidates who are motivated to help us pursue our mission.
The Benefits of
Working at Cross Roads House
The right person will join a dynamic, progressive and forward looking non-profit and will lead the organization, in partnership with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors, in rethinking and reshaping fundraising and marketing at Cross Roads House. This full-time position is focused on both fundraising and marketing responsibilities.
The Director of Development and Communication’s duties include:
- Assisting with the creation of annual fundraising goals and strategies and establishing and maintaining an effective tracking system to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of each development activity to enhance strategies.
- Overseeing all agency fundraising tasks including identifying and soliciting new donors and major gift prospects, overseeing stewardship events and activities and maintain relationships with current donors, organizing all fundraising events, writing and managing annual direct mail appeals, writing and submitting grants and grant reports, promoting and expanding the Cross Roads House Leadership and Legacy Societies.
- Producing all agency marketing materials including monthly e-newsletters, printed newsletters (2-3 times/year), agency annual report, other marketing materials as needed, and management of the organization’s social media and web presence.
- Working in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to ensure annual agency fundraising goals are met.
- Supervises the Development Database and Volunteer Coordinator
For more information, or to apply, click “Learn More” below.
Front Desk Staff
Front Desk Staff assist in the daily operations of Cross Roads House in a professional and hospitable manner. Tasks include answering phones, greeting residents, volunteers, donors, and guests, responding to resident needs, overseeing resident tasks and chores, and working collaboratively with all shelter staff to provide safe emergency shelter and supportive services for people in our community who are experiencing homelessness. This position is part of a 24/7 onsite team. Nights, overnights, and weekends may be required. For more information, and to see available positions, click “Learn More” below to be redirected to our Indeed page.